Five years ago when I opened my skin care practice, I had an account with an internationally respected skin care brand. It was a good product line, with a variety of cleansers, exfoliants, masks and moisturizers for all skin types. It was effective and I got results when I used these products during spa treatments.
However, a couple of years into my business ownership adventure I started to get bored with the products I was using. They still worked really well, but the packaging and scents were clinical (AKA a snoozefest), they could be purchased at many locations around town, and the price point was just high enough that it was a deterrent to people wanting to take a chance on an impulse buy. I needed to find a new addition to my product toolbox.
Along came Perfectly Posh. A esthetician friend of mine had started selling it, and I was drawn in by the fun packaging, clever names and moderate price point. This was a line that spoke to me, and because Posh also makes a wide array of body treatment products, all of the voids in my practice could be filled by opening just this one account.
And so I did! Two-and-a-half years later, I still find Perfectly Posh’s line to be effective, budget-friendly, and so much fun to use and sell in my skin care practice. My clients love the products and are thrilled to be able to use them at home too. Thank you, Posh!
Andrea Lipomi is a licensed massage therapist, esthetician and nail tech in Las Vegas, NV. You can learn more about her practice at feetishspa.com.
Of course I reference Perfectly Posh products in this video, but you could use pretty much any complete skin care line for similar results.
Watching the video above is the sexiest way to learn about these steps, but the express version consists of this:
- Tone (if you want to, or after cleansing if you want to, or really anywhere that makes sense for you)
- Extractions (only if you’re trained to do them safely!)
Questions? Want to add Posh to your home or business routine? Ask me anything!
I’ve been a Posh consultant for two years and four months now, and I’ve been a Silver Premier for one year and three months of that time. 2017 was a year of building, rebuilding, troubleshooting, and breaking through a plateau that had vexed me for most of the year. 2017’s lesson? Leadership is not for the faint of heart.
With 2018 now in its infancy, the promise of new opportunities both inside and outside of myself have motivated me to make some Perfectly Posh resolutions:
- Read more, learn more. I’ve been devouring books and audiobooks on network marketing and leadership. Some of my top picks are Rock Your Network Marketing Business by Sarah Robbins (she’s a top earner with Rodan + Fields skin care), Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang (this book beats the fear out of you while making you laugh), and Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey (sound leadership advice from your judgey uncle). There are also lots of useful videos on YouTube from these authors.
- Focus on what I enjoy. I’m a cash & carry sales at my skin care office kind of girl. I like my displays, I like my ambiance, I like having private conversations with my clients and customers about Posh products that might make life a little better for them. I’m self-employed because I need to make the decisions and I don’t want anyone in my way! In 2017 I tried to do the large vendor show thing. I met some cool people, but goddess have mercy, it was not my bag. Maybe I’ll get into it more in a future post, but small events, online orders and one-on-one sales are the ways and means that speak to me.
- Curate my collection, tighten up my brand. We don’t have to carry every. single. product. We don’t even have to like every single product! Taking up valuable shelf or storage space with merch you’re not passionate about is inefficient at best. At my office I’m primarily a foot care and skin care technician; I don’t have to replicate the entire Whole Foods personal care department in my tiny office. Too much product can be overwhelming, distracting, and can look cluttered and unprofessional.
- Invest my time in duplicability. Making instructional videos and uploading them to YouTube so they’re there to revisit as needed. Uploading files to our team Facebook group so we can find them again with minimal effort. Writing blog posts like this one! Time is our most valuable resource, and I’m learning how to work with that fact.
I’m excited about the new products Perfectly Posh is coming out with this year (gimme that new Defiant skin care line!) and I couldn’t be prouder of my team. 2018 is our year to grow, evolve, and love on ourselves like never before.
Want more? Here you go.
Several esthetician friends of mine have been asking “Should I join Posh?”
The short answer is “YES.”
Adding Perfectly Posh to my skin care practice has changed things up in a big way. I explain more in this video (please watch!), but to be quick about it I am enjoying my work, selling more retail, and developing much more beneficial and unique spa treatments now that Posh is in my toolbox. Posh is affordable, effective and so. much. fun.
If you’d like to chat about adding Perfectly Posh to YOUR esthetics practice, please ask me anything! I’d love to have you join our team.
Join Perfectly Posh this month (November 2017) and you’ll have lots of opportunities to earn lots of free stuff:
- Your kit is just $99, and that includes over $150 worth of full size Perfectly Posh products, plus a bunch of samples, sales tools and a FREE website.
- When you hit $250 in PV (personal volume, AKA retail sales or personal purchases made through your free website) within your first 15 days of joining, you’ll earn $110 in Perks, redeemable for free full size Perfectly Posh products or sales tools.
- When you hit $500 in PV and sponsor one new team member (even if they’re a kitnapper, meaning they just want the kit and they don’t plan on selling Perfectly Posh) by your 30th day as a consultant, you’ll earn $330 total in Perks, redeemable for free full size Perfectly Posh products or sales tools.
- With each purchase YOU make through your own website, and anytime someone else uses YOUR personalized link to shop (mine is poshgoth.po.sh, but you would choose your own) you earn Perks you can redeem for full size Perfectly Posh products or sales tools.
- When you sponsor a new team member in November, you’ll earn a FREE exclusive item to sell, keep, use or give away! You’ll earn one for every new teammate you sponsor! This month’s sponsor exclusive is a shimmery rose-scented bath liqueur called “Poppin’ Bottles”.
- Our team gives away prizes every month in our Poshophiliacs team Facebook group. There’s always a mix of no PV neccessary giveaways and giveaways for those who are actively working their Perfectly Posh businesses. Prizes have included limited edition items, sample bundles, fun sales tools, full size Perfectly Posh products, and even mega bundles worth $75 that include FIZI bath bombs! (In fact, if you join our Perfectly Posh team this month and you sponsor three new team members by the end of November, you’ll earn a $75 bundle for yourself!)
Please ask us anything! Entrepreneurs and kitnappers welcome! Sell Perfectly Posh to your people for holiday gifting, or enjoy your personal discount this holiday season. Either way, team Poshophiliacs would LOVE to have you join us!
Andrea Lipomi is a Silver Premier with Perfectly Posh who really loves free stuff.
If you’re like me, you’re all about the extractions: a longtime Biore Pore Strip user, a Dr. Pimple Popper video watcher, and someone who will never tire of watching impacted sebum and skin cells gush out of your own congested pores. Blackheads? Let me at ’em!
I find that it’s a gentler process to extract blackheads when the skin has been “lubricated” with a facial oil — basically massaged for 5 – 10 minutes with a product like Perfectly Posh’s Love Me Dew. The oil penetrates the pores, helping the ickiness to slide right out.
I’ve also gotten great extraction results after applying one of Perfectly Posh’s clay-based facial masks in a blackhead-ridden area post facial massage. Great picks from the current catalog would be Giving Me Life and Smashing Good Pumpkin. They help to remove any dead skin cells that may be getting in the way of the blackheads’ thorough removal.
Here’s my first extraction video!* I promise the next one will be better, but you can see the grossness on the tip of my left index finger as I work those pores. (Big thanks to Brent Bornemeier of Bold Bodywork for being my model!)
- Cleanse skin with a Perfectly Posh cleanser of your choice
- Remove cleanser with a warm, damp towel
- Massage Perfectly Posh’s Love Me Dew Facial Oil into your skin for 5 – 10 minutes, focusing on areas containing the most blackheads
- Gently remove excess oil from your skin, just enough so skin isn’t covered with a thick layer of oil
- Apply a Perfectly Posh clay-based mask (we used Giving Me Life) in the area to be extracted and leave on for the maximum time listed on the instructions
- Remove mask with a warm, damp towel
- Watch those extractions pop out with minimal coaxing
- After extractions, wipe area down with a toner
- Apply a Perfectly Posh facial moisturizer of your choice (we used Moisturize 911)
Now that I’ve been bitten by the extraction video bug, I’m going to be on the prowl for a better setup that takes clear close up videos. Stay tuned, and Posh on!
*I’m a licensed esthetician, so I’m not telling you you should go around performing extractions for people if you’re not licensed, but what you do to your own face is up to you. Please be gentle! Aggressive extractions can damage your skin!
Andrea Lipomi has been a Perfectly Posh Independent Consultant since September 2015. She is a licensed massage therapist, esthetician and nail tech who lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. You can visit her Posh site at https://poshgoth.po.sh, follow her on Instagram at @feetishspa, and ask her anything at email@example.com.