Today I want to talk about something very near and dear to my heart: Sleep.
Getting out of bed is hard, guys. It really is. Especially when you’ve been stretched to the ends of the earth for days or weeks on end, and your body is just, almost literally, dying for some relief. Some relaxation. A break. Exhibit A: Me last week.
Well, let me tell you something. This morning I awoke blissfully undisturbed by the muffled alarms beneath my pillow. I silenced each and every one (because I need help), stretched my arms wide and tall, and literally floated out of bed. Well, pretty literally. I felt rested, relaxed and just… at ease.
So, how is this possible? BECAUSE – I made time for myself to relax, unwind, and do NOTHING except care for myself last night before I went to sleep. Thus, I have emerged from my worn-out state as queen-ruler of my universe. I feel so good that I wanted to share my luxurious home self-treatment with you guys.
Without further adieu, here she is:
MY QUEEN ROUTINE
Time: 30-60 min
- Cue the music: I threw on “Evening Acoustic” on Spotify and let the voices of Iron & Wine and Joseph serenade me while I warmed up the shower.
- Rub a dub, baby: I took my time washing my hair, making sure to massage every bit of my scalp – sooo good, you guys. So good.
- Hop out, fill the tub up: While I filled the tub with hot water, my vibrant red Overtone conditioner sat & worked its magic on my hair (if you have colored hair, you NEED Overtone in your life – just sayin’. It has this wonderful peppermint smell that stimulates your scalp while depositing hues that extend the life of your hair color!).
- Add a cup or two of epsom salt: PP has some awesome epsom salt formulas (Muscle Through and Sleepy Sleep are my favorites!) I used Muscle Through this time because I feelin’ the rosemary – Sleepy Sleep is infused with lavender, which is just lovely and calming. I became one with my bath for about 20 minutes – but really, that’s just an estimate because I felt timeless in that tub.
- Wash up: After soaking, I washed up with my Milkin’ It chunk, and exfoliated my fresh and clean skin with my favorite Snarky, Fauxpology. I just adore its smell – So much so that I got the perfume crayon in its scent!!!
- Face time: My face needed a little loving, so I exfoliated with BFF, patted dry, and followed up with my go-to mask, Cackle Spackle. I love using these two together – my face felt SO smooth, and the little red patches around my nose really calmed down. I washed up, then moisturized with Never Grow Up, which is a toning and brightening anti-aging cream. I am a huge fan of Moisture 911, but I’m out of it at the moment (sad face).
- Finishing touches: I lathered up neck-to-toe with Hard Daze Night, which is a yummy, fragrant, hemp-scented body butter. If you’re looking for a softer-smelling body butter, I would highly recommend Fresh, Creamy Milk. I like HDN a lot, but FCM is hands-down the best body butter Perfectly Posh has. It has a little more of a, for lack of better word, warm and creamy scent. The bamboo extract just gives it a little oomph of decadence. I love it.
- Get comfy: This is the best part. Grab your oversized pajamas and get COMFY! Your restful, well-deserved night of sleep awaits. Your favorite body butter will soak into your skin throughout the night, so you’ll wake up with soft, supple skin all over.
And there you have it! Like magic, you’ll awaken rejuvenated with a brand new mission.
This little routine is for all you queens, kings and mystical beauties reading. I really went in, so feel free to modify time or steps to your liking!
It really feels like an at-home spa treatment, guys. If I had planned it a little better, I would have added a pedicure… next time 😉
Gotta have your Posh? Grab it here!
Have another idea of at-home decadence? Leave your king/queen/mystical routine in the comments below!