If you’re like me, you’re all about the extractions: a longtime Biore Pore Strip user, a Dr. Pimple Popper video watcher, and someone who will never tire of watching impacted sebum and skin cells gush out of your own congested pores. Blackheads? Let me at ’em!
I find that it’s a gentler process to extract blackheads when the skin has been “lubricated” with a facial oil — basically massaged for 5 – 10 minutes with a product like Perfectly Posh’s Love Me Dew. The oil penetrates the pores, helping the ickiness to slide right out.
I’ve also gotten great extraction results after applying one of Perfectly Posh’s clay-based facial masks in a blackhead-ridden area post facial massage. Great picks from the current catalog would be Giving Me Life and Smashing Good Pumpkin. They help to remove any dead skin cells that may be getting in the way of the blackheads’ thorough removal.
Here’s my first extraction video!* I promise the next one will be better, but you can see the grossness on the tip of my left index finger as I work those pores. (Big thanks to Brent Bornemeier of Bold Bodywork for being my model!)
- Cleanse skin with a Perfectly Posh cleanser of your choice
- Remove cleanser with a warm, damp towel
- Massage Perfectly Posh’s Love Me Dew Facial Oil into your skin for 5 – 10 minutes, focusing on areas containing the most blackheads
- Gently remove excess oil from your skin, just enough so skin isn’t covered with a thick layer of oil
- Apply a Perfectly Posh clay-based mask (we used Giving Me Life) in the area to be extracted and leave on for the maximum time listed on the instructions
- Remove mask with a warm, damp towel
- Watch those extractions pop out with minimal coaxing
- After extractions, wipe area down with a toner
- Apply a Perfectly Posh facial moisturizer of your choice (we used Moisturize 911)
Now that I’ve been bitten by the extraction video bug, I’m going to be on the prowl for a better setup that takes clear close up videos. Stay tuned, and Posh on!
*I’m a licensed esthetician, so I’m not telling you you should go around performing extractions for people if you’re not licensed, but what you do to your own face is up to you. Please be gentle! Aggressive extractions can damage your skin!
Andrea Lipomi has been a Perfectly Posh Independent Consultant since September 2015. She is a licensed massage therapist, esthetician and nail tech who lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. You can visit her Posh site at https://poshgoth.po.sh, follow her on Instagram at @feetishspa, and ask her anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.